Search This Blog

Sunday 22 November 2009

Sticker Shock !















I recently read a post on a forum about the gold stickers on Ashley Iles chisels. The poster said that he thought them unnecessary and that if anything they cheapened the look of the chisels.

I'm not overly fond of them either and there didn't seem to be any dissenting voices from people who particularly liked them, so I thought I'd experiment by removing them from the chisels that we send out for a while and see what the reaction was. - Nothing, no complaints, grumbles or comments whatsoever.

I mentioned this little test whilst on the phone with Barry at the Ashley Iles factory the other day and he said:

"Good! I've never liked those blooming stickers."

So, henceforth the Ashley Iles Cabinetmaker's chisels, Butt chisels and Dovetail chisels made for Workshop Heaven will be produced without stickers.

Job done!


Footnote: The Ashley Iles Cabinetmaker's Chisels are also now available with beech handles if you prefer, I haven't had time to take photos but if you want them in beech just drop me an email.

1 comment:

  1. That's great news. I think I've remarked to MarkW before about the stickers being the only downfall of those chisels. I'm glad I have the dovetails on my xmas list now ;)

    ReplyDelete